If you are looking for a Chauffeur in Ibstock please contact us for a competitive quote.
Ibstock is a former coal mining town and civil parish about 3 miles (5 km) south of Coalville in North West Leicestershire, England. The population of the civil parish was 5,760 at the 2001 census increasing to 6,201 at the 2011 census.
The Domesday Book of 1086 records Ibstock as a hamlet with six ploughlands. In the first half of the 14th century, and probably before, the Lord of the Manor was Robert Garshull, whose daughter and heiress Elizabeth carried it to her marriage with Robert Burdett, Lord of the Manor of Huncote, Leicestershire. He was still living in 1347. Early in the 15th century Elizabeth, daughter and heiress of John Burdett of Huncote, carried the manor of Ibstock in her marriage to Sir Humphrey Stafford (1384-1419) Lord of Grafton, Worcestershire. Two hundred years later the Staffords were still in possession when Sir William Stafford of Blatherwick in Northamptonshire is recorded as Lord of the manor of Ibstock.
The Church of England parish church of Saint Denys was built entirely in the early 14th century. It is a Decorated Gothic building with a west tower and recessed spire. The nave has two aisles; the north with conventional octagonal piers but the south with less usual hexagonal ones. The rectory is Georgian and has a porch with four Tuscan columns.
William Laud, later Archbishop of Canterbury, supporter of the divine right of kings and author of the Laudian reforms held the living here 1617–26. At the outbreak of the English Civil War in 1642, John Lufton, then Rector of Ibstock, was accused in the House of Commons of interrupting the execution of the militia ordinance. His living was sequestrated by the County Committee[clarification needed] in August 1646.
The parish of Ibstock formerly included the dependent chapelries of Donington le Heath and Hugglescote but the increase of population led to the establishment of a separate ecclesiastical parish in the 19th century